Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Gold

Shard
Super Contributor
Is it just me or does it look like its itching to go on a run?
0 Kudos
45 REPLIES 45
CrownA
Super Contributor
I don't know where gold goes in a recession, but all other indicators are that the USA is going to print money like Zim and Japan. The dollar will have to weaken when the USA realises it has to pay with a weak currency. But it is all running on USA bailout and election time.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I beleive it acts as a surrogate put in times of crisis...i'm holding my HAR CALLS.
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Hanging on to my Harmony calls too. Got some Goldfields as well, hoping that the next reports that come out look better than the last dismal Annual reports so I can capitalise on a favourable gold price and favourable financials. I suppose the real test is going to be when US markets open, think that will tell us whats in store for this week.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Gold is going mad!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
No action on the Goldies yet, but wait until Wall Street opens. HUI index is going to fly tonight. Last chance to get on board!!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Gold is a Safeheaven from the Bank rubbish and that's is going mad!
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
All aboard the Goldtrain!!!!
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Looks like an invisible hand is stepping in to try and slow the run now. Either that or emotional investors are looking to make small profits on the fast move.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
What u seeing here is violence.This may sound alien to u but.wave 3 of wave 1 of major wave 3 is underway and things can only get more and more spectacular for Gold!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
It's not your imagination. Gold is in a longer term bull trend, but be warned this will be a bumpy ride. Gold is a notoriously volatile animal. For a more stable vehicle for gold than shares, go for Newgold EFT.omo
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Any one going for DRD?
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Worried about the markets inability to correctly value DRD with a NAV of R3.50 per share and cash value of R2.50 per share why is it sitting at R3.50? Are they not producing any gold? Think DRD may well be left behind if this thing blows, stick to harmony imo, its severly under priced atm
0 Kudos
Running_bull
Frequent Contributor
Elliot is causing a storm... and at gold r/kg up almost 5%, bring it on!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I may be wrong but I dont think elliot's got anything to do with this...Russia stock market falling 15% is more likly the reason..and still the gold price hardly moves..
0 Kudos
Running_bull
Frequent Contributor
john if you agree with the theory then ud be expecting it to be in play pretty soon, i dont care what triggers it.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
agree on GFI as it does not respond well,have none,just doubled my HAR calls and also bought ANGSBL as they are the only company likely to pay a dividend someday....I of course prefer warrants as the run up more rapidly than the gold ETF and in any case will sell out at the first hesitation in the rise in price.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
You know, with all this sh*t going on you woulda thought the gold price would be a LOT higher than it is right now.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an that miss brazen is exactly the point. gold can't even perform when everything is in its favour ...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
LOL! Yip. Or it could mean the sh*t ain't as bad as it seems. Nah!! We'll go with your theory - gold is a big, fat dog.
0 Kudos