Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Hats off for Chartist. !!!!!!

barry_1
Super Contributor
Chartist using his tables and charts knew early in the day yesterday that all sign were extremely bullish and twice posted the fact.Thanks and congratulations!!!!!I also arrived at the same conclusion,how ever doubt started to set in as i read the posts and only late yesterday afternoon became positive again.Ive climbed into SBK calls on AMS and AGL does not matter how long it runs as one can always get out at the first faltering of the msrket.
0 Kudos
35 REPLIES 35
Preston
Super Contributor
Barry, So cash is no more king?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Yes,it would seem for the moment anyway,how ever i still have half my trading funds in cash and of course 25% of my portfolio in property!!!!!
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
What impressed me most was the confidence of his call. Nice one Chartist. Now we need confirmation that we are back in the long term bull trend
0 Kudos
Not applicable
we never had confirmation that the bull trend was broken so no need for confirmation of the resumption....
0 Kudos
dimitrius
Regular Contributor
That's weird. I also knew it would be positive. JUST BY LOOKING AT THE DJIA AND S&P FUTURES. Why don't you just erect a statue to this guy and get it over and done with.
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
Agree; but at one stage I was ***** scared!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
But what about the significant gaps, both this morning and yesterday morning? Oh, and the one last week ... none have been closed ...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
there is a huge gap 5 days old that dominates these other gaps...see my post re market moving events....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So we should go short at 26000 (where the gap is) and wait for the gaps this morning and yesterday morning to close? Interesting to note that the corresponding gap on the FTSE last week has just been closed - there were also gaps this morning (closed this morning) and yesterday morning (as with our market).
0 Kudos
Hedgehog
Frequent Contributor
The market is in a downtrend and it will have these jumps, probably more than once, but until the charts give us a solid reason for an upturn I would say about now is the time to start looking at put warrants. Gentleman, study the charts again.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
grubber, use the zoom on your chart, see what's happened since Q2 of 2003. Draw the lines, tis a bull till tis not.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
in my short term trading portfolio - no. Probably be a day or three before I get the buy signal.
0 Kudos
Hedgehog
Frequent Contributor
Hi Simon Agreed it's a bull, but in the short term it's a down with bounces. The JSE overall has broken the channel it has been trading in for a while. Not enough strength to convince me is hould not be looking for puts in the short term after this current bounce.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I really don't think a question like that is appropriate on a family forum like this. Anyway, it's just not something one gentleman asks another.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
mmmm someones pretty chipper today. You long SIM or something ;)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Where do ya all view the chartist's info??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nah. Taking a long weekend. Don't have to look at my losses for four whole days. Also, SXR is up by a few cents for the first time in weeks. Probably all change at 4.59 today, but for now, it doesn't suck quite so much to be me anymore. Yay.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos