Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Here is something funny

Not applicable
I'm looking at brent crude via gt247 and everytime i goes up sasol goes down, i don't really get this and this has been consistent the whole day,
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
john_1
Super Contributor
Sasol is not an oil producer dummy.
0 Kudos
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
Huh? What does Sasol do then John ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
coal-to-liquids and gas-to-liquids
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Look at it this way moneyman....historically the usd has been the base currency of the world...however due to Greenspan opening the spigots the dollar has devalued of late. Commodities HAVE NOT being going up VALUE....it's just taking more dollars to buy them due to diminishing purchasing power. Also since the gold market (the real currency base) is vaarrked by JPM, GS, FED, et al, speculators having been piling into oil recently predominatley as a store of wealth and protection against rampant inflation. Hence when dollar strengthens....oil drops....but this does'nt necessarily mean rand weakens (currencies do not obey linear relationships due to politics, outright meddling, etc). Remember Sasol is MUCH more affected by the rand than the oil price cause as John'o said....tis NOT an oil producer.ADIOS!
0 Kudos