Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

How does one Analyze this share now>... Almost thought it was a

Electrox
Super Contributor
good idea to buy early this week, but waited for today's rate desicion, obviously it wasnt priced in the share price already, temptemping but cant see what will boost this share up from here
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
saash
Super Contributor
Well if I represent the average woolworths shopper, and I've stopped buying so much salmon & prawns, going for the local grapes instead of the imports etc. Then my guess is that their earnings will come through much lower. That makes WHL shares worth a bit less until inflationary pressures start to ease off.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
well what ever happened to its already priced in and the market knows everything.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
market prices in what it knows. sometimes what it knows is wrong, today was such an example, albeit John called it this morning. Other times the market gets a shock, 9/11 be an example.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Take a look at WHL's financials, they have a customer credit facility thats bringing in loads of cash. Higher rate for them = increase in interest income. OMO
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
was offered one of those cards by woolies through the post had my name on it and i just needed to call to activate it, now heres the thing i believe and i could be wrong, but most people shopping at woolies have credit cards, so why would you want a woolies card if you already have a credit card all it does is create more banking charges on your bank account when you have to transfer to pay the woolies card.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tougher times = less salmon & prawns and more sardines & salticrax = less Woolies and more Shoprite. Sorry to say, as I'm a Woolies fan myself.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Hi asylum, yes agreed but you see the credit card is maxed due to the already tight situation and the housewife still wants to shop at Woolies keeping up with the Jones etc,so now she needs to roll her grocery money solution get a Woolies card when the situation improves ie husband makes lotsa money (out of shorts) then she will pay back the account which doesnt happen.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Apparently U can even buy the food on credit with the store card.! Just got back from woolworths, and if my mentality is the same as the rest of the population, then it might just be a good Idea to shop somewhere else even though organic food might be good for you.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if it didn't provide credit whl would have no customers. They have stated publicly that this is their dilema. Makes me nervous
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if it didn't provide credit whl would have no customers. They have stated publicly that this is their dilema. Makes me nervous
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And I swear they leave those organic carrots full of soil on purpose...!
0 Kudos
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
This share is going nowhere-next stop 960ish.Forget comments like the volume tells me that the bulls are back in control and other gumf(some character which begins with C wrote this I think)This stock is a simple reflection on the present SA economy and it's consumer.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
When will it be time to bottom feed?
0 Kudos