Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Huge international braking news event ...

CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
R415500 brokerage, etc included for a block of 500 shares. He was even prepared to reduce to 300 shares, later to even reduce to what I feel comfatable with... as long as we can build that trusting relationship after he's shown me what he can do with my initial investment :-)
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
I have a revolver i will load it with just one bullet and i will put down 400K on the table of you take the gun and pull the trigger and live the 400K is yours. We can also play double or quits.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Domain Name: FIRTSPRIMEGROUP.COM
Registrant:
Virtus Offshore Investment Co.
Virtus Offshore Investment Co. ([email protected])
Edif. Neptuno, Local #7
Via Ricardo J Alfaro, Tumba Muerto
Panama Ciudad
null,-
PA
Tel. +005.72021515
Creation Date: 04-Sep-2007

They use a hushmail to register? And the domain was only registered in September ???? an a search on Virtus Offshore Investment Co. shows another domain registered in Panama City ???
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Guys, all this sceptisim from people who take daily risks on the stock exchange? Come on, I'm not largely in the game, but surely: one or more of you has to be brave enough? I like the suggestion to contact Morgan Stanley, but honestly, I havn't the energy or money to back it up. Still, I'm not putting money in an offshore account if I havn't got security or at least a better write up from a trusted source.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
CC, some on. We take calculated risks only when we fully understand, appreciate and accept the risk. Here you have none of that. You're blindly following somebody who called out fo the blue? Do you believe the emaisl tellign you that you've won a trillion $ in some lotto? Course not, and the difference here is only the medium (phone vs. email).
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Now THIS is getting closer to reveal a scam.. Thanks, SimonPB you are in control. Anyway, the guy didn't phone me back as yet (and I have not obtained the moolah as yet...)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Tell you what chatty give me the cash I promise to at least give half back! If you do this you are a tremendous fool, not because it true or not... what the F### do you know about this industry, this company this management, this broker.... NOTHING if you want to gamble go to the races at least there a tip is just that a tip and not a scam!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
found the parent
thevoic.com
and they are registered in Kuala Lumpur ???
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Hi, Guys: you are not serious to think that I was going to waste my savings? 'Suppose you read my threads with enough attention to realise that I was as sceptic as you all. Just wanted to share my experience. I can entertain you with some more info about scams within the RSA involving bank accounts created by persons who registered themselves at CIPRO as a director of a company, bypassing and nullifying FICA and all the jazz... Really, all people should be katvoet these days. Remember Fidentia? And the guy and his innocent wife look so honest... had such an image...
0 Kudos
dimitrius
Regular Contributor
Um, can anyone say BOILER ROOM!
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Sounds like another EXO in the making.
0 Kudos
am_1
Frequent Contributor
Thanks for the Friday entertainment but be honest, you were interested and that's how they get you. Rather give the money to your wife/husband/lover or both
0 Kudos
maciver
Contributor
My penny's worth and experience . Just after '94 there were quite of few of these foreign chaps touting for business . I was sent beautiful brochures / prospectus by courier . Upon investigation , the one in Califonia turned out to be a dump site and the other a dummy corp . There were quite a few chaps in East London who were caught . The one , a friend , managed to contact the advisor/broker afterwards and was simply told ( laughing ) " come and find me if you can " . My question to the caller about lots of S.A.investors was " I understand of you don't want to give their names but ask them to give me a call " Nothing happened . If you want to invest abroad , do it via recognised brokers / bankers . Their exchanges will give appropriate endorsements .
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
The outcome, if you're interested: the guy (Duncan) phoned me around 14:40 and was eager to close the deal. I threw him with SimonPB's detail about the whereabouts of his web and email references. He staggered a little and said he would check it all out... we will talk again on Monday, but he's afraid all shares will then be allotted. So I said, enjoy your weekend, don't bother to call me again.
0 Kudos