Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Index Alerts

Not applicable
Is there a way of setting up an alert on an index such as the ALSH.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
short answer is no.

Lomng answer is yes(ish). You can set alerts on the straix products and they track their repsective indices, so this works but for one potential problem. An alert only triggers when there is a trade, so while the satrix product may move below/above your alert it will only trigger when a trade happens above/below.

What you can do is set the system to send you index levels during the day. Go to My detailed watchlist and click on daily email/sms updates. The index needs to be in your watch list, select it and then delect the times/day you want the sms/email. Remember we will charge 25c per sms.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Simon, I know that you guys have been under a little presure BUT I have had this issue and many conversations with Richard over the stop loss systems on this site for a very long time. MY point is dont preach stoploss if you cant supply a system that backs you up. If Stop loss is the most basic tool to protect the investor, as you often say, then that has got to be the key to your trading system.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Simon...guess the work around will work just not really what I had in mind. I have noticed that smallcaps often take a few hours to respond to sudden downward market movements. Therefore an alert on the ALSH or TOPI would give me time to dump my 14 SIM and 75 ISPA shares before anyone in the small-cap world realised what was happening. If you have a list somewhere of 'nice to haves' on the web site can you please pencil in my request at the bottom.
0 Kudos