Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Intraday

Not applicable
I'm quite proud of myself and had to share: Anyone else see the downward break from a rising wedge on the TOPI intraday chart? I did, and sold my long posi at a high of the day. heh heh, what a play!
0 Kudos
34 REPLIES 34
Not applicable
Reverse head and shoulders from open of trade to now (some of the head was bitten off :).
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey S-Man. Got in on Monday DWI @ 112, Sold yesterday @ 162, remaing 5200 today @ 162.Easy as pie.Short at the mo.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nah, reverse head and shoulders. should shoot up past previous high at any mo... Maybe... I'm in TOPDWJ.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Stupid head and shoulders
0 Kudos
Asher
Regular Contributor
you sure it was a reverse H&S and not a dbl top? There seems to be another H&S forming now - or is that a falling wedge; which means the H&S bottom is still in play...what are the volumes like? Formations are in the eyes of the beholder. Unless they make you money then "well spotted".
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Formations are in the eye of the beholder, WTF? Formations are merely probabilities of human behavior. I think what is apparent here is that hindsight is a perfect science.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah formations are generally useless except for two; head and shoulders (an reverse) and dow theory (high high and higher lows) witht he latter by far the best. Otherwise no statistical proof they they make money, that said lots of people get very excited by them, but no real evidence that they get rich from them.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'll agree to disagree. A couple of confirmed formations in today's TOPI chart:
1. Breakout to the downside of a rising wedge (bearish).
2. Flag formation on the run up at +- 10am (bullish continuation) to:
3. Double top, (which, admittedly, I misread as R/ head & s)(bearish).
Each one of these formations acted precisely as prescribed.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
question is - did you make money from them? Otherwise !!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thought that might come up. Misread the R/ H&S and am down R100 for the day (charges).
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Well done super! I'm not sure but I thought I saw a Head up A*s about half an hour ago.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm not saying I trade using only formations, that would be suicide. I'm just saying I take heed of them.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Just kidding.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya well that's ntarding - each to their own. If it makes you money milk it dry.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I often wonder what it is about the anonymity of chat rooms that causes otherwise pleasant people to become abhorrent. Freud would argue something like "The space of criticism is in fact a meeting place, like the meeting place of the two voices of the patient and the analyst in the transitional realm of transference, a medium of the inbetween, a space that is artificial but nonetheless the place of real investments of desire". I just think deep down everyone's just a *****head.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Interesting. . . what would Freud say about a Head up A*s formation? Makes you think does it not?
0 Kudos
Asher
Regular Contributor
your point 3. Double top, (which, admittedly, I misread as R/ head & s)(bearish).
but that is the problem: is it a H&S; a double top; or a rising wedge? Formations are too easy to misread/misinterpret.

Most triangle/wedge formations can be traded as simple breaks of support/resistance IMO.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos