Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Is caution now needed in buying all resource shares?

barry_1
Super Contributor
Is it possible that Bernanke might pause next week in lowering the US bank rate? It is claimed that the agressive lowering of that rate is in part to blame for the high resource prices.I have difficulty curbing myself,all i want to do is invest in more basic mineral resources,how ever i've decided to hold on for fourteen days before deciding further what to do.Could it be that GOLD and PLATINUM is already discounting the fact that rates might not be agressively cut in the USA.Personally i think that there will be another cut of a quarter percentage point,which is less than the last couple of times.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
barry_1
Super Contributor
Could this then impact on our own reserve bank? Is it possible that our rates then wont go up or only go up 25 basis points.If so then both Real estate and BANKS would come back into fashion!Inflation would definely be curbed if oil prices fell,eventually helping the poor.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
wel honestly i would not touch resources right now... firstly they havent fell enough considering how much the resources prices have fallen... i do think that benanke may not move rates, but i do feel that the market is pricing in a no change, so if he does cut, banks will rally ,but if he doesnt, it wont affect banks that much,maybe slight sell off
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Resource prices have fallen??? Copper, aluminium, tin, nickel etc?????????
0 Kudos
Not applicable
cant u read the share code discussion? we talking about gold and platinum....angloGOLD...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks Barry , always useful opinion and a great read. metal prices up and down ? ..... you are both right fella's , it depend on your time frame I suppose ..
0 Kudos