Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Is it possible to buy US stocks directly?

Mr_S
Super Contributor
if it were possible im sure the tax implecations are crazy rite?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
JSE is launching a new product that will enable you to trade blue chip shares on international exchanges. No exchange control worries, and you trade in rands (I think). Don't have the details, maybe it is on their website?
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
thats great, wonder if the fees will be much higher though, wish simon would answer, cos im sure there would be some interest with the forum members
0 Kudos
Picky
Regular Contributor
share code, dbxus ie. ETF on top usa stocks
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
john, to see a share orice head back to 1929 levels ? Yes JSE has neutron, will trade on safex and willbe SSF's on about 15 international stocks.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
You get want you believe from the market....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Picky The interview on Moneyweb implied that they would offer underlying international shares, not just ETF's
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks Mammon, that was what I saw.Haven't looked into it though, not really for me, this product
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
john not sure why yr askin why but ill assume yr asking why i would want to buy direct US stocks, wel id lov to take advantage of the current situations as well as get into some small caps that side, with the potential of turning big profits in rand terms
0 Kudos