Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

JSE Correction

Ninja
Super Contributor
Today the JSE and TOPI displayed classic reversal day patterns off resistance. Both are OB to the extreme. If I were out of this market this would be a trigger with confirmation from RSI and Stochastic to enter a short trade due to reversal off key resistance (stop would be close above resistance). Of course things could go either way, but a short in this position gives you a probability better than 50/50 of being correct, and if you are wrong the stop is close and painless. This trade has low risk, decent reward with strong confirmation from the indicators, price and resistance levels. If the Dow closes in the red today this may be the beginning of the short correction everyone has been waiting for.
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
Not applicable
The dow closed in the red yesterday and yet our market keeps running. Looks like all the resistance is going to be broken.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I see resistance at about 21700 on the alsi - you agree?
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
24000, currently trading at 23806. Patience gentleman, the correction is comming.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I see - I was looking at the TOPI chart, you're referring to the ALSH chart - basically we agree...
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
yes mammon.....everyone is waiting for the correction which is why it may only arrive next week. I am however sure that after this minor correction we will rally into the year end, before we see one more test of the march lows.....thats how I see it anyways...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ninja you calling the market 6 months ahead.I cant tell whats gona happen this afternoon.I taught that after yesterdays bank results we wouldve seen a bigger pullback,but was wrong.But I do see a correction in the short term too,we all see it,but the market knows best,can stay at these inflated prices for longer..Best not to be caught in long trousers should the sun start shining IMHO
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
I agree newbie...the nice thing is that the market is on strong resistance so stop losses can be placed with minimal pain should resistance fail. I personally feel the pullback will only arrive next week. All earnings reports have been positive but volume is declining and momentum appears to be slowing. Who knows...the market will tell us.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yip,from my little experience I noticed that the market tends to go against whatever every1 expects..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It looks like it's starting to test resistance now...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hm... Wonder how long this rally will last!!
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Mammon.....Dow resistance is 9100 going back to q3 2002....if this level is broken tonight the rally could go on for some time. Get ready to bail if you are in short.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Patience people..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
dow theory buy last nights close .. heading to above 10k ..
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Simon please explain....the D-Tran seems to be making a lower top than the D-IND...what has given the trigger to buy?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
please elaborate...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the pullback starts on monday..
0 Kudos
M0nar3n9
New Contributor
Gaaa!, been waiting for a drop since ... last week!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The pullback still gonna happen?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
or only in certain sectors of the market?
0 Kudos