Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

JSE - No electricity!!

Preston
Super Contributor
One day soon the JSE will have no electricity! Imagine what an embarressment that will be?
0 Kudos
44 REPLIES 44
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
preston, trust me they have massive generators as does any broker worth their fees.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
The question remain..Is the generator made in SA? Gees now i am becoming like Topgun
0 Kudos
Not applicable
One day soon Megawatt Park may have no electricity. Might make them understand their own incompetancy!
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
according to my normally reliable sources, the Matla power station near Witbank has stopped operating after a fire in Dec. but nobody wants to confirm. This happens to be the exact same time that the serious supply problems started. We are being fed all sorts of excuses, but methinks this is the real cover up.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
oh topgun, yes a fire but no cover up because a simple google tells the story. http://www.mpumalanganet.co.za/viewnews.asp?id=12
maybe you need new source?
0 Kudos
CAPITALIST_RUNN
Frequent Contributor
if minorwatt park has no electricity then their computer failures will cause a countrywide black out - who will then switch them on?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Exactly , no one in the beautiful land is willing to stand up and take responsibility. We once was a proud Nation but alias we are going to be even Better!
0 Kudos
prof
Regular Contributor
when i managed to get through to eskom to ask when the power will be restored they told me to look on there website.clever
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Bwhahhaha. Normally reliable sources? What, the moles that root around next to the bunker?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
..maybe the dude meant 'sauce'.
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
Great, but just how difficult is it to run a Generator without fuel, ask any Zimboon, every time just before they get it right the damm thing stops. :)
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
ah, so normally reliable source was right after all - I was told this that weekend - haven't seen it anywhere in the newspapers though. point still is, nobody seems willing to tell the country exactly what is going on and this is summer. must get that generator installed before winter!!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
On an extremely serious note. I do agree with TopGun. The quality of life have just slip a few notches below. Imagine all those unnecessary deaths in hopital due to no electricity?
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
Hi Preston, I knew a Harry Preston in Eskom Engineering many moons ago, any relation?
0 Kudos
CAPITALIST_RUNN
Frequent Contributor
so what you are saying that all those requiring heart surgery etc must now first contact escom to find out if any cutoff's will occur whilst they are under the knife!
0 Kudos
prof
Regular Contributor
i am seriously looking at emigrating as this is my last straw
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Damn, Now i am extremely annoyed with my mother! She just could not be a normal housewife. See ya..I blame this on the Aparthied Regime?
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
if you live next to the coast and can't see beyond your nose then these things probably don't matter - for other people concerned about this state of affairs and actually understanding the impact of such mismanagement on the country, it does...as I have said before, it is a "free" country and we are all allowed to make fools of ourselves.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Eat extremely healthy and do a lot of exercise ! Imagine if the doctor say the following "Eish, it is too dark in here. I have no idea at what time we lost this patient"
0 Kudos