Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

JZ 2009 - See you all in Australia

surfer
Regular Contributor
I dont think a new power station has been added in 13 years
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
My point is.....stop complaining! Being inundated with your penchant for SA bashing is ..well...very long in the tooth. Now hurry along... dont want to miss that flight to Perth do you..?
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
no, read nicely. I do not actually complain...I try to stick to the facts and revel in highlighting ignorance and stupidity which clearly seems to have the desired effect on you. But I forget, criticism is not a worthwhile democratic endeavour in Africa...so do as the ostrich does or leave?
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
Majuba Power Station

3 x 665 MW Units
3 x 716 MW Units

The last unit was handed over on 01/04/2001
The station is considered as being 7 years old now.

0 Kudos
gida
Contributor
who built the powerstations and infrastructure... the hard working labourer did for a pittance... same as the American economy was built on the backs of cotton pickers... SA was built on the back of slave and migrant labour... when finally the majority of people are allowed to participate in the economy at a level higher than that of slave the slave masters have a whooole lot to say... my one friend said one day all the naysayers will leave and we better be in a position to run our country...
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
I recall the newley appointed black CEO of the construction company for which I worked during the construction of Majuba, adressing all the employees on site he said; "Looking at you from the podium, I have only one problem, there are too many white faces ...".

The construction company in its latter years was in dire straights and as far as I heard on the verge of bankruptcy.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
you sound like the nutty one next door...you know the one who liberated his country....from food, power, common sense....it is actually amazing what "the workers" can get up to if left to their own devices. however, if your read the comments above carefully, you will realise that most people want to contribute and make a living here. very few people, in fact, desire a return to the previous status quo. some of us merely realise that SA has chosen the low (pot-holed)road where abilty and merit do not count...for others this is not yet obvious or worse, they just don't care.
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
The last time i checked..sarcasm with an undertone of venom is actually worse than complaining. But you probably dont understand that ol boy...perhaps english is not your first language. Anyway we are wasting the esteemed forumites important time with our idle banter. So why dont you have the last say and receed into the shadows of the bridge you crawled up from..
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
and off to your flee infested mud hut you go...sorry about the bucket system, will be changed next year...maybe..
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
underpaid oppressed black men
0 Kudos