Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Lazy time

Not applicable
Almost time for a lazy trade again Simon. If only your Topi graph was not a day behind like it is sometimes. Is there an IT person that sits in a dark room updating these things when they remember? Or does the trader that perform worst for a particular month get to update it?
0 Kudos
37 REPLIES 37
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well you chart must be stuck in december .. coz mine not showing close to a trigger at all ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I agree, not any where near a long trade and short trade opened 22 Jan already.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no short at 30 was above 60, an stiill is ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Rats, I keep forgetting the primary direction ;-) Aah well so far so good with the entry anyway...not according to absolute rules but profitable anyway.
0 Kudos
earlyret
Regular Contributor
Good. Means I still understand the lazy way!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
30 day and 60 day ema's are about 90 points apart - they're almost touching now. 3 or 4 days of further drops and we'll be on a trigger...?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no, 30 an 60 only offer direction .. 15 an price give trigger ..
0 Kudos
Asher
Regular Contributor
If you teach 10 people a system and come back in a year you'll have 10 different systems.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So when 30 crosses below 60 (which it is approaching fast), and price is below 15, that's a short entry surely?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
with 30 below 60 one only does shorts .. the entry would be when the price breaks down through the 15, not just below the 15 .. you need to catch the trend as sloe to the neginning as possible ..
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Lol - There goes Simon's Keyboard again :)
I am setting up to try a "lazy trade" short as my DB products are not at good prices at the mo --- unless there is more upside --- so, I will try hard to understand this, as I think that the primary trend goes short in about 2 - 3 more days of sitting at these levels.
Once we get 30 below 60 dma ... THEN we wait for a red at 4.30 which needs to ALSO be AFTER a close below the 15dma .....
Eish Simon, please confirm that this is at least close to correct!! Heck, It might be a LAZY system, but it definately isn't SIMPLE!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Once we get 30 below 60 dma ... THEN we wait for a red at 4.30 which needs to ALSO be AFTER a close below the 15dma
yip, tis that easy .. teh red at 4.30pm the day immediate after the close below 15 .. an inverse for long ..
0 Kudos
NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
You're just about spot on, Saash. Only thing to watch out for, like Simon wrote: the price first has to be above 15 EMA, which it isn't at the moment. Trigger is a CROSS to below 15 EMA and then a red next day at 16:30.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah and that's the bit I refuse to apply in my lazy trade derivative - risk being that the price will never go up again to the 15 and you lose out on a profitable new trend.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it always goes back eventually .. point being patience (lazy) ..
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Ok ----- so yesterday was a close above the 15dma. But the 15 is below the 30 ... 30 still above the 60 ....
If we are GREEN at 4:30 - that's not yet a long trade (cos 15 below 30) ??? Or is it?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
err .. no, no and no ..
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Lol - do it Chartist style. Post a live vid as the trade is made. Nothing like seeing it in action.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cause its lazy, that could be days or weeks of recording.... hope you got the bandwith for the download ;-)
0 Kudos