Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Learning to trade

Not applicable
Hey guys I am a student at the University of Pretoria and have been looking for a curriculum on how to trade and I have stumbled amongst this curriculum and i think it is worth it. Please could you give me some feedback and advice as to whether it is? Keep in mind that I live in South Africa so any curriculum needs to be relevant to my understanding. http://www.tutanag.co.za
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
barry_1
Super Contributor
Gosh! I had no idea that one could be taught to trade!Truly I think the best method is so to speak "get your feet wet" i.e. open an account with Standard and using your istincts trade.As to a course,its likely to be no good in practical terms as there so many different methods,that all work at some or other time,then eventually fail.The thing is to be open to new ideas.As Simon PB once said ,nobody ever follows any onelses idea,but always tries to tweak their method.
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
The best as well, is to read through the different forums, here, on http://www.sharechat.co.za/index.php/f/2/ and follow realchartist.com. There are many different ways to trade. SBk OST also has free educational training available, plus SimonPB gives free seminars for SBK. IG Market has a free demo account to play with for 2weeks, give it a try with what ever advise you pick up. Only way to learn is to play :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I fully agree with your point that the practical is important but this curriculum also comes with a permanent trading account with 15 minute delayed prices. I mean come on how great is that? You can read the theory and then practise on your dummy account!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I mean permanent practise account
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
IG Markets offers realtime trading with the demo account, as well as very good charting time frames, everything from 1sec to 1 month. go to www.igmarkets.co.za and check it out.
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
15 min delay of no use
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sweet thanks guys. But what do i do about the theory? I had a look at the RPE? but i see that Tutanag also has exams.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
You looking for a free and easy ride?
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Bboy jack, the only way you are going to learn, is listen to advice given and be prepared to loose a few thousand to start with.From your posts so far my advice is ......carry on learning Boy
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Hey Jack, did you not post something on CV for trading. Copied from there and pasted here :just ask Simon, all that will not make you a good trader; a good broker maybe but not a good trader. A good bottle of whisky while trading is all you need or a good anaesthetic; Something to numb you, take away all the emotion, turn you into a mechanical ZOMBIE.You dont need CFA, ANC or CMT or CTM!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yea Rams that's a different topic dude! I didn't ask how to be a good trader i asked what would be good to put on my CV. Some people then say something stupid like read a book!! Can you put "I read a book" on your CV? NO! This is about Tutanag Investor Education and if i should buy their course! Sorry bro. It is just like i keep asking the questions and getting answers that are irrelevant.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
OK so here's the simple answer .. DON'T buy the Tutanag Investor Education course ..
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
I remember when I was a student at Tuks (many years ago...) and decided to trade shares....bought Boumat (does anyone remember them) with my study loan, I think I bought at 690c, sold at 305 c something like that ! Took me bloody years to repay that loan !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Try the SAIFM for a CV BBoy Jack. As for trading, get hold of a few thousands and learn by doing with real money. Some people recommend a dummy trading account with virtual money but after they are successful in that i.e. they are pickings coincide with the market trend in most cases going up they tend to think they are good traders and when they put in their real money they get burnt beyond recognition.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks guys :D
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Boumat - HaH! At least you could write on your bank applications that you got a good credit record.
0 Kudos