Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Listed Property

Werner_1
Super Contributor
Anyone have some views on listed property, e.g. GRT - i think this should do well over the medium term, e.g. to december? I hold a few SSF on GRT and thought maybe now could be a good time to add a few more? any views?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hi Werner,i don'tknow if u should take any notice of my opinion after my "bomber" entry in the orbiter competiton!....First of all let me say that property in general will keeep rising as long as there is no increase in the in the bank rate.From January to end June it averaged a forty four percent fall and since the middle of Jul has climbed back roughly half as there was no increase in the bank rate last time.The next meetingtakes place on the second Thursday in OCT....Now Tito has spooked the market with talk that inflation will stay high,how ever i do not expect an increase,so therefore all property should power on.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Barry, sorry to see your position on the challenge... a lot of us took a huge knock lately... I agree with you on property and the interest rates, i also think a recovery will take place and i think GRT ssf is a good place to be when this occurs, so i will watch it closely and maybe add to my position shortly... thanks.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
GRT, what an excellent choice!....Its the largest loan stock ,showing strong growth which should continue....when funds become available i will probably buy as well....it has struggled to reach the elusive twenty billion capital but might make it now....originally at twenty billion it will then be included on overseas indexes,which then forces overseas index funds to buy into the fund sending the price up....A note of caution is that with the weaker Rand entry into those indexes might be a shifting goal post and require a higher market capital....Please also read past GRT posts
0 Kudos