Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTX: R8,00 seems reasonable by mid next week.

Mr_MTX
Occasional Contributor
I sold on Friday for R7.05 after the bid offer by Vale was announced. However I bought again today at R7,40 because I feel that a 10% JUMP IN THE next week is not out of reach. Perhaps a better offer by a chinese consortium will have a positive effective on the share price. Its interesting to note that Metam which holds just under 1% of MTX, has valued the company at almost R10,00 a share. Clearly the R7,35 by Vale is a J.O.K.E.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
R 7.35 is a total joke , I agree . Those two shareholders who sold at R 7.35 must be kicking themselves !!
0 Kudos
Mr_MTX
Occasional Contributor
Peterod, do you currently hold the stock? Whats your take on the short term directional movement of the share price?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Subjective personal views doesn't count when it comes to takeovers.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Subjective personal views make a market and may just scupper the 75% required for this deal to fly - moreover the ruling price is currently above the offer price which indicates that the consensus view is that a higher bid might come along...
0 Kudos
Mr_MTX
Occasional Contributor
MTX is trading at R7,40 and all they're offering is R7.35. I think a possible revaluation of the offer is in order. I don't see Vale increasing their bid price substantially, however I think if a bidding WAR breaks out then this could potentially push up the share price to my R8,00 target and benefit short term retail investors like myself.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Nothing for a share price to trade above the offer price. It happened to Massmart as well. As soon as reality sets in then the price will trade closer to offer price and even below.
0 Kudos
Mr_MTX
Occasional Contributor
When will shareholders be allowed to vote on the matter?
0 Kudos
Supa
Contributor
You vote by either selling or holding your shares I think.
0 Kudos