Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Merafe

platsak
Super Contributor
Merafe has opened recommisioned additional smelters bringing their capacity up to 60% on stronger ferrochrome demand. Things are starting to look better.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
Ferrochrome priced in pounds, and rand is weakening, so if the pound has stopped its down rally, things are looking great for MRF. I sold last week, now just got in again
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nope, priced in US$ .. the pounds is wieght ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja, silly me, m bad. Still, future looks bright - but can 4 furnaces really give them 60% production capacity? I thought they shut down 17 out of 20 furnaces?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the sens seemed a bit vague, because yes they shut 17 of 20 .. so maybe they have got 4 furnances up to 60% capacity, with the other 13 still moth balled and the other 3 running full steam ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja, vague in deed. But from a value investor point of view, if they can just maintain their cash reserves over the recession, then this share looks great for the future - providing Eskom doesn't f!#$ it up for everyone
0 Kudos
Not applicable
4 oonde is baie,jul praat van omternt 80ton elke uur op 4 oonde. ek glo hul gaan eers stock pile op bou.......OMO
0 Kudos