Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Ok I admit it!

john_1
Super Contributor
The weak FTSE is freeking me out and making me sell winning trades for no good reason.
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Yip, both at 1 and now at 3 bailed cause ftse just not showing anything other then DOWN.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John...this is all a function of the "idiots trading" period.....proportionally more idiots trading now than normally....they dont know what they are doing hence the stupid trades some of them are putting on....create a wide spread and some idiot will k a k in his pants ...the herd mentality traders will be back next week ...thats when ppl like you and me just watch which way the herd has turned....work out the momentum and how long it will last and then go along for the ride
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I be one of them idiots...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Oh Chartist...you are funny and correct.. I am done for the day and your comment has just galvanized me to go read my book at the pool. PS are you buying that house?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja me too but I know I am one so it helps....I can see the likes of Johhny boy with his one contract totally getting messed about cause he is always on the wrong side.....just be on the side where the big orders are and you will be ok.....what happened now was a perfect example....all the asks are lining up 20 - 50 contract orders....and then the DWT guys ...who prolly is Johnny is trying to buy into that because the FTSE is blipping up...wha u should be doing is just placing a sell in front of those big orders...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ja see that worked like a charm!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
You cant help yourself hah! got to try put in a little dig..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no John...I looked round the neighborhood and there are some funny ppl living round that area..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The money I spent on rent a wierdo crowd...was well spent then!
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Nah, Johnny boy is not trying to buy any blips on ftse graph... C, little presumptuous dont u think?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I see him there flaying about...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
just beautiful....some reality returning!!!
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Chartist, thought the "johnnyboy" reference was for me as you were speaking to John. No matter, on most days you can almost start the day at 15-00 as the real swings are always more pronounced. 12 to 2 over lunch is a serious no-no.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yeah sorry didnt realize thats what u thought...I would never be as presumptious as to call you Johnnyboy....that disdain I reserve for John
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Actually this brings up a good point.....trading during daylight saving is not as good as when there isnt daylight saving....cause by 10 the market has gotten some direction and the FTSE is not able to yank us round quite as much as I usually like...and with only an hour of Dow crossover this is usually untradeble so my window is from about 10 to 12....the rest is just useless...unless you get a day like today when you get a proper squeeze developing......
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Chartist those big orders seem to be on the bid side and are taken out quite easily.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes only now cause like always we overshot and the shorts who were the big sellers now have to get out...those big buy orders were exactly the same guys who put in the big sell orders
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Lol, just saw a 650 bid at 20700 by DWIM, prolly ginfer trouble and should have been 50! Guess someone big that need to get out in a hurry and who was quick enough could have hurt them big time!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
LOL...chartist is your ego really that fragile that you need to put others down to make yourself feel better. If there was even a hint of truth it may even be a little funny but alas..
0 Kudos