Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Other Trading Websites

Plonky
Super Contributor
I trade every day on the Aussie stockmarket, using the Commonwealth Bank website... I must say, that the Standard Bank site is dramatically better than the CBA site... There are numerous "nice to have" feautes on the SBK site which are absent on the others... I see there is usually a lot of criticism for the SBK site.... believe, me, there are worse sites out there.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
Are you an Aus citizen or do you have an Aus address to be able to trade on the ASX? I've mailed +- 20 Aus brokers up to now, and that's what they all tell me.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Hi Vitorc...yes, its not that easy to register with them...I am a South African citizen, but I work for an Australian company based in Brisbane... I provided the work adress of my company, and they allowed be to register... you will also need a bank account in Aus in order to trade... I use a broker called Wilson HTM for trading, and I also use the Commonwealth Bank on line trading for direct trades myself.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Right its the Toronto or London exchange for me then.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
why not IGmarkets...then from there trade the asx
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Looks promising. Will have a look.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John, do you use IG for most of your internationals? or do you use others as well? I know you do DWT for JSE and OST to impart some of your experience...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I use IG along with DWT to trade ALSI.. as I can set a entry with a stop, so ones my orders are in I can leave it for day. at DWT I can set an entry but I can not preset the stop I can only do that once the trade has been placed. also IG has a guarenteed stop so it limits the overnight loss...
0 Kudos