Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

PLEASE HELP

Not applicable
I would like to know,if u holding SSF Contract,does the auto close out happen based on the closing price at the end of the day or can u close out based on a intra day high?? plz reply...
0 Kudos
30 REPLIES 30
dookie
Regular Contributor
You only have to go into auto closeout once, even if it's for an underlying trade of 1 share, even intra-day! Sometimes, if there's lots of volatility you go in and out of auto close out and your position isn't closed out. (Maybe it's because the person watching the screen is in the loo...) but I wouldn't count on it!! You def. can be closed out intraday - happened to me yesterday afternoon while I was in the gym ;-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tanx I am screwed than tommorow...Im short on goldfields...im seeing now on the NYSE,its flying....$11 = +-110...eish eish..Went short from 103..:(...
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Just transfer more capital into trading account to prevent margin being eroded. OST can credit the funds before the market opens.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I did that...Im covered till 122..i see its coming off now,sitting at $10.60 = 106..tell me sumtyng if NYSE closes at $10 for a GFI share does that mean we open at $10 multiply by the exchange rate??so what happens at the opening auction??
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Take a look at "The Daily Standard" publication on this website under "Traders Daily" - the ADR's prices are converted (from which you should be able to calculate conversion). see www.wikipedia.com for definition of ADR.
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Ouch. Getting squeezed it seems... Good luck!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
not neccessarily, but it is going to open high because of gold being as high as $910, was short on gold fields at R99 but closed at also R99 and moved long into anglo gold.. profits to take tomorrw
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hold on a moment .. you're short in a geared product and you're prepared to watch the underlying move almost 20% against you .. no disrepect, but you're going to be history quick.quick ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No im not prepared to watch it move 20%...i wana get out today,as soon as the price eases up a bit...i was just asking as i was watching the gfi price move on the NYSE after hours...
0 Kudos
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
Take it on the chin as soon as posible cause it may get much worse!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I know,i intend to do so...Im just gona wait for gold to ease up a bit...I see that on the NYSE the GFI share closed at 10.54..which means its gona open at 105.40...i just hope gold drops below 900 than i'll be able to close out...It was a bad move...I betted the wrong way...was finished lastnyt when it hit an intra day high OF $11.25...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
how strong is the link between the US close and the SA open ?
0 Kudos
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
Do not trade on hope, and i do not think you should add fresh money to that position to keep it going till things change. Rather take that money and try to start making new money with it. omo
0 Kudos
Not applicable
candlestick intraday shows gold is on the up already at $907.3 careful boet
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ive read that gold is heavily overbought at the moment...and a pullback is due sometime soon..that together with some profit taking ahead of the weekend,and who knows??..But what worries me is the weaker rand..might allow commodities to rally somewhat...time will tell..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
disagree i do not know where you read gold is overbought, india the world's largest importer bought 93 % less gold jan 2009 than jan 2008, the banks in india carried over stock from november and december 2008 to jan 2009, according to most TA is gold in oversupply
0 Kudos
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
So have you taken your knock allready or still hanging on?
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Yes.. Do tell. What happened??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am still in the trade...I had an opportunity to close out @ 107 early friday morning,but a boker friend of mine advised me not to,when it hit a high of 114.80 I was starting to panic,but watching the performance of GFI lastnyt on the NYSE,I think theres a chance it will come down further on monday and I'll have an opportunity to pullout with minimal lose/no lose...www.kitco.com...Thats where I read that gold is way overbought..."The GLD ETFs tonnage was last seen closing in on the 845 tonne figure, having already surpassed Japan's holdings in size"..."That said, both gold and silver are now in overbought territory." Jon Nadler Senior Analyst Kitco Bullion Dealers Montreal...But honestly speaking...any1 in the market at the moment is taking a risk...for all I know..gold can hit a $1000 nxt week...or alternatively it can go back to $850...a slight rally on equities and I could make a profit on this trade...but will be watching it carefully...do you guys also share the same views on this volatility,that trading in these times can be equated to gambling??
0 Kudos