Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

PPC SSF Order

divz
Super Contributor
I put in a buy order for PPC at an underlying price of 4360 at 12 noon today the price hit 4360 between 12 and 12.05 but my buy order did not go through can anyone tell me why this would/could be?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
asylum
Super Contributor
the only reason i can think of is that there were not enough shares going at that price. lets say there was 1000 shares bid at your price and only 500 on offer at that price , 500 shares would not have been processed. omo
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
My bid to buy was 10 contracts (1000 shares).2 share deals went through totalling aproximate 2900 shares at 4360. For a ssf bid to be succesfull does there have to be a ssf seller?(i dont thnk so) or is it purely based on share transactions with std bank where the underlying price and volume at least match bid price and volume?
0 Kudos
Victoria_1
Contributor
Maybe it just a case of someone's who has put in an order at that same price, which went into the system before your's. He/She had the same idea but their order was first in the que?
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Thanks Victoria makes sense
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yeah divz thats basically what i was trying to say in my post, but not as eloquently put.
0 Kudos