Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

PPC turnaround?

sk_1
Super Contributor
I bought PPC at 2690 at beginning of month hoping for turnaround on the long term. The share has risen daily since then and I am hoping for a bit more upside. Am on a very close stoploss thought just in case this beast turns around and bites me
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
Did a fundamental analysis based on (very conservative) cashflow projections and valued the share in the R55-60 range over a 3 year window period. Also bought to hold for long term and got in at 2683. Very attractive dividends.
0 Kudos
J12
Frequent Contributor
Just out of interest...What dividend growth assumptions are you using?
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
PPC have had a very high dividend pay out ratio (~90%) over the past three years. Assuming earnings increase by ~10-13% a year dividends will increase by ~9-12% based on the div payout policy remaing in the 90% payout ratio region. My opinion only.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well from a technical analysis point of view this current rally is merely a return move after the support breakdown. Lower targets still in place, my target is R21.50. That would be the level to buy long term...
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Shapiro a trader with many years experience seems to think construction shares are the place to be now,see Moneyweb today.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
If earnings increase 10-13% and they keep the same ratio, then the dividend will also increase by 10-13%. PPC is a serious cashcow. Bought at 2700. Long term buy. OMO
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
ye louisg. that hit me later :)duh!
0 Kudos