Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Price Streamer

Not applicable
Could anyone tell me how much the Price Streamer eats away at my monthly Cap? Im not to clued up on this... I leave my price streamer running all day and I dont want a nasty suprise at the end of the month.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
It will depend on the number of shares and graphs/ticks/etc that you have on your streamer. I suggest let it run for 30mins or so and check your usage.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
As far as i know we pay a flat rate doesnt depend on usage.If u r talking about your usage as per your 3g or what ever you use,it normally turns out on my 3g to 40-50 megs for full day running.
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
On Vodacom 3G I use about +-120 MB per day from 07:00 to about 17:30 - Price Streamer on all the time (when functional of course) and I use bandwidth for other work / research. Does not include any downloading of data exept email ect.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sounds like a lot.Im on from 8hoo to 17hoo,price streamer running continious and i fool arround on this site,open mail,do a lot exept movies and audio, and i normally get away with 50meg.
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
120 MB is my complete workday - udate website and blog via a CMS and do quite a bit of research / reading. Without this I agree Price streamer is app. 40 - 45 MB for the trading day. On a 3 Gig 3G connection I budget for 110 - 120 MB per weekday and about 40 - 60 per Sat / Sunday. And I end the month just under. Sometimes over with 10 MB or so.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja must say Ideal uses a lot ... have used 5 gig in a month trading day and night
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
i use around 10 gigs a month, but its quite cheap. i pay R 489 for 10 gigs.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
shaped or unshaped and with which services provider ?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
shaped no need for unshaped ive tried both and for trading unshaped makes no difference, i use webafrica as a provider
0 Kudos