Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

R 200

sponono
Super Contributor
R 200
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, which would be exactly double when I thought it expensive and sold, fortunately only sold a quarter ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Using PE ratio is like using Stochastics to trade a trending market - you will never get into the share. when roses are in full bloom towards the end of the season, and you don't buy because the blooms will be disappearing , you may just miss out on next years full bloom.....Buffet said something like that , or was it Simon, anyway that's Shoprite and Mr Price and....
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
so i guess NPV of any project is not taken into account for short term trading?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
When a correction, comes, and it will, these shares will be hardest hit.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
until then Im holding on...people kept saying that at R 100, @ R 130, @ R 160, @ R 180...etc

The trend is up, buy things that go up!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Nothing wrong with holding,just don't buy anymore.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
why? WHL was massively overvalued at R 40, everybody kept telling me not too buy anymore, then they got listed on the Top 40, and it went to R 50, I've been buying all the way up - even @ R 60 its gone 10% higher.

My biggest trick is I dont pretend to know a high or a low - when a market reaches a top or a bottom, I just buy momentum hold on, and wait for the market to kick me out - who knows maybe WHL or SHP comes out with new expansion plans and suddenly it becomes undervalued - just like CPI 6 months ago which was massively overpriced and suddenly overnight went to fairly priced.

I find the market to be quite simple when you buy things that go up and set stop losses.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Good point....I dislike losing out more than losing....trade or investment .j
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
took a nimble today before going out to buy my ticket (at Computicket)for the Pirates vs Free State Stars game tomorrow
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
just need to scale R185 and then lets see
0 Kudos