Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Re:Anyone know what price to sell BIL at?

Not applicable
Simons stats are not correct...who said i was trading it?..it was meant as a way to get the discussion going ....anyway time will tell...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
then I have no clue what's ***** here .. what was the point of this thread ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The point was to see if we could make a soufflé out of the leftover egg on his face. Got no problem with people singing their own praises, just as long as it is praiseworthy
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the penny dropped, half way through a second bottle of warwick trilogy ..

Mark, you really think that your bil call was proof of your trading poweress .. proof of your ability to read a chart ..
sure it netted you a few percentage points (before; spread, slippage, costs and interest) .. my point of yestreday and it remains my point of today is that it was a bad trade - I could detail the reasons why it was bad, but frankly everybody here knows why it was .. your claim that time will tell is negated by your initially comment of sellw ithin 10 minutes which absolutely implied a quick trade ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Only time will tell Simon...fact is that BIL is still below the exit I suggested (closed 26400 on Friday)...I did not trade it ...it was merely a suggestion that it may be time to sell BIL...but as i say only time will tell and even now at this very time on this very planet in this very universe the facts are not with you whether you like it or not.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
oh BTW moenie te diep inni borrel kykie....its clouding your vision...
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
Alsitrader, it's simple. What is your facts? 1. What was the price of BIL on 19 Jan @ +- 3pm when you recommended an immediate sell? 2. What was the price of BIL yesterday ( 3 Feb @ +- 14h00) when you posted this thread? Simple facts. No emotions.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It was defintely higher (around 26600) than the close as at Friday 26400 and at the time I made the comment (since you mention time) the bid was at 26075 a drop of 5 bucks plus. To make it easy the only put warrant issues over BIL closed at 22 on that day and closed at 24C on Friday (about 10% profit). Standard Bank does not give you profits on a put warrant if the price goes up! These are the facts.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
In fact the low on BIL on Friday i.e. where it actually traded was 25983 just before 14h00. That was around about the time I made the comment. Dont believe me ...check the charts.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon your arrogance has gotten out of hand...i know you may think you are omniscient and omipotent especially with previously just simply being able to ban people when they diagreed with you. To say that a trade was bad (and i repeat i didnt trade this)you would need to know my set ups and all the other parameters which enable me to determine when to trade. A trade is only a good or a bad trade if you didnt act in accordance with your rules and set ups. The outcome of the trade is really irrelevant (it happens to have been profitable BTW). Maybe my set up was to sell 10 min before any data release? May be a bad set up we can debate that but if I acted in accordance with my set ups and rules a good trade. You make a value judgement when you have none of the facts you need to make that judgement. Arrogance in the extreme!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
PLEASE CHECK THE FACTS - BIL TRADED AT 25983 WHEN I MADE THE COMMENT
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
AlsiBADtrader, i thought you were gone...damned. Hint: go away! Short yourself!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I totally agree with "The outcome of the trade is really irrelevant" ..

I call it bad coz for some 1 or 2% profit the trade was at ne stage some 3% against you ..

bigger picture is why you thoguht to mention on friday ??

but moving on and/or forward ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the question, I think, should not be so much as why did mentioned it but rather why you descided to call me stupid or a ***** trader...I think i will just choose stupid...at least I have some black and white proof that I am not a ***** trader....but moving onward and forward...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I see the only put warrant over BIL is now trading at 26 (22 was price on day of post) so thats 18% return....Fact
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
SBV? date of which post? coz on 19th it was 25c .. anyways maybe tioe to move on ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
price matrix was below 22 C...BIL traded at 25983...convenient to move on now im sure...Not you finest hour this Simon....irrepective of the outcome ...calling someone stupid and a ***** trader is something I never expected from you.
0 Kudos