Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Reason?

Frequent Contributor
5.5% down? Any idea why or just general sell off esp in resources?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
sponono
Super Contributor
IMP, KIO, AGL and EXX: SBK must be hurting. I wonder if they are still long.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well resi20 only off 1.88% so well ahead of the rest ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
when trades are entered stops are set .. if the stop is hit, then exit .. otherwise still in ..
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
would be interesting what the RESI would be without gold...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Touche!
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
I've had some stoplosses that triggered but not executed. and when I sold (and took about 10K profit) because the stoploss didnt execute, the stoploss excuted after my sale and can you imagine my horror being short and KIO is just breaking away and rallying. Simon, the fact the stoplosses are executed when you're not holding any position, needs to be addressed. This is serious. My self and another trader had lost 40K in this manner. With equities, when you sell, your stoploss is null and void. I'm sure you guys dont want us to lose 10K just to make a R50 brokerage fee.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
checking the back office I can't see what you're talking about .. if you exit and a stop loss triggers it will fail .. but contact the call center and they will sort you out ..
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
I would like to discuss this with you if I'm not clear. However, I kbow you will agree the system needs to be fixed. How can it short you when you're not holding any positions. I look forward to this. Please Call me when you have a moment so i can explain to you.
0 Kudos