Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Rise?

Not applicable
Hi, I'm new at trading and been trying to analyse IMP. Why has this share made 2 consecutive rises of above 5% in 2 days? Can't find any data to support it?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
im trading for nearly 3 years and cant find a reason myself, anyone can explain, think this is worth a short?
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
My opinion is that the plats move around because of anything - moon phase, Obama's haircut, whatever. They regularly rush down, then up. Sometimes there's logic, but don't assume it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
but the metal is down and the rand is quite strong at R8-28
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
$ZAR will help, but to early to short, 1st TOB trending up, accending tri, I would wait for +breakout 184, 186 for a long to 195, 200.
0 Kudos
gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
think I have an idea for some of the strength.... RMB proposed a switch to IMP from AMS based on reduced downside and equal upside.They also pumped SAB for a day or two.
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
White Oke, how many books have you studied as a new trader?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hope u never go by ur method jack.. there was money to be made here, and i made.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
As we said before, plat is volitile and trading has a high disregard for $+plat price+ZAR, rather be sure and make pennys, than chance and loose pounds (not that I am very fat) :)
0 Kudos