Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SAPPI

Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
I am not in anyway trying to punt SAPPI but as I am in the printing Industry and have been for over 20 years, I have always seen the same old trends. Paper prices shoot up in Jan Feb (30% this year), the market slows down almost to a standstill and the industry goes goes into limbo. Eventually business realises there is nothing they can do and start ordering again. From mid August untill December when the industry shuts down , it is our silly season where price does not matter anymore.... it is all about delivery times for the Chritmas season. SAPPI although not their best results will firm up in the short term and if and when the rand weakens again SAPPI will fly. Print this message and tell me if I'm wrong. I'm buying call wrrants for SAPPI
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Robbie
Regular Contributor
Hope your'e right. I bought this morning @ 7560 - so I'am already losing. Do you think the exchange rate have a huge effect on the share price ?
0 Kudos
Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
YES but for how long.
0 Kudos
deanmg
Contributor
Seems as though the European market affects Sappi in their summer months. They had floods at one of their main mills which affected income/expenditure. I would be getting into Sappi in a month or two or four, their Q4 results are generally good - looking at the trends - which, I suppose, is due to the European businesses performing well..... usually. Time will tell as to how their overseas businesses perform.
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
Whats your explanation for Sappi's strong red and Mondi's strong green today ?
0 Kudos