Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SATRIX 40 Costs - OST vs. Direct

Not applicable
I have been trying to determining the cheapest option for purchasing SATRIX 40. There seem to be two options, either buying via Online Share Trading (or similar) or direct from SATRIX. On the face of it, it appears the going direct is cheaper. Any other thoughts or considerations?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable
Satrix will charge you an annual management fee of about 1% (just check). OST charges a monthly fee of R45. This means that for total nts less than R60,000 you are better of buying through Satrix. I suggest moving each R60,000 from Satrix to OST. Remember that the Satrix brokerage is also significantly less than SB OST. P.S. I am assuming you are using the investment plan.
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
STXDIV is in my opinion the best buy in market conditions add to it like an annuity fund with dividends reinvested im 21 now lets see in three years time...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You're right, I was thinking of using the Investment Plan. The SATRIX fee is 0.80% for lump sums below R100,000. My initial investment will be below R60,000 so I think I will go the SATRIX route for now. Thanks for the suggestion!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just remember the STXDIV looks at dividends retrospectively, they do not use any expectation of future dividends. There is no guarantee that you will get the benefits of a high dividend yielding portfolio going forward. I'm not bashing STXDIV, just know what you're getting into and adapt your expectations accordingly.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Wat jy waar kry?
"The index selects the top 30 high yield instruments based on a one year forecast dividend yield. The consensus forecast of stockmarket analysts, from both the buy and sell side of the industry, is collected in the McGregor BFA Survey. The analysts provide forecasts purely based on cash dividends, therefore excluding special dividends, capital reductions and capital repayments."
0 Kudos