Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SBK Halts Trading?

asylum
Super Contributor
No trades on standard until futher notice. Interesting
0 Kudos
98 REPLIES 98
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Directors request JSE to halt tradind pending an announcement from directors.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hmmm What is going on? There must be something more on the line here
0 Kudos
Stij
Contributor
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Chinese Bank if they can get approval of all authorties will buy 20% of Standard Bank and have two board members.(Source Moneyweb) and pay R5.5 billion.This should push the shares price up,as China can then use SBK to do all their deals through out Africa.They are pouring a river of money into developing nations as they are becoming wary of the developed world currencies.OMO.
0 Kudos
Stij
Contributor
That's $5.5bil.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
What i dont understand is why stop trading, in another sens announcement just out they say because of the speculation that has arisen that is why they stopped trading, lot of hogwash if you ask me, they are not the only company that punters speculate on.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
See last sens,if I had a long position in sbk I would be drinking right now....
0 Kudos
Stij
Contributor
Help me out here - $5.5bil for a 20% stake equates to about 20% higher than the current value of the shares. Surely this is a good thing??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Isnt speculation what the JSE is all about?We all buy to sell at hopefully higher price,not because we want to own a share in the company?Most traders anyway
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I hope you good man! ... sitting with a little bit of DB SBK CO but this is got me worried as to what is going to happen. Is this for real tho ? the 20 % buy out
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
U are right ,my mistake sorry!
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
If you go Biblical - the East will be taking over the West. And whilst (I assume) we all thought it would be a (3rd world) war, it now manifests as being driven by pure financial forces: viva Capitalism!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
oh the anticipation is killing me, bought a bunch of sbknna just after the announcement and now wondering if it was a bad move or shoulda bought more... 2pm where art thee..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My little brain tells me that sbk feel that the news doesnt warrant such a move in their share price and therefore stopped trade before everyone got burned.If the news was going to make the share price rise rapidly,they wouldnt of stopped trade.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Was going to double my holding of SBKSBK this morning,how ever withdrawn the extra play as i'm becoming nervous!
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Another Q: who will be selling to the Chinese their 20%. Shareholders profile reveals:Public Investment Commissioner 13.30% Old Mutual Group 8.90% Tutuwa participants 7.60% . Whom of these will let go.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja and if only Simon could say something !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If you believe wwhat your read in the press...than 10% will come from the issue of new shares, and the other 10% will come from the accquiring of shares through private holders and the open market...
0 Kudos