Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SHOULD I BUY OR HOLD....

Not applicable
Divergence with RSI?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Island bottoms on the daily charts gaped up today so 1 support on the gap 76. 90 at the end of week IMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
eish, i guess ill have to settle for the 25% loss, its jus so discouraging, i mean i need a lil green at least, its been so long, im tempted to wait and see what happens, im trading SBKDBZ which has abt 167 days to expiry
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Today was unit trust quarter end...never underestimate the extent and impact of window dressing, with fund managers withholding selling orders. They also tend to lower cash positions at such junctures to fall in line with mandates. Wait for some direction tomorrow, you may just be pleasantly surprised?!
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Thanks man, see thats jus what i need, that glimmer of hope! 2mor ill be glued onto the screen
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Wait before you close out your position..Theres resistance at 82..wait till the end of the week,theres bound to be profit taking..its a 50/50 call,u already 25% down..if i were u i'd hold..OMO
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
yea ill see whats up, got me a few slices of cheese, put on sum jazz and made me a cup of rooibos just to calm myself. Thanks again!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Lol,dont stress I promise you 90% of us have been in your position,dont allow emotions to get in the way,once you close the position u lock in the loss..SBK is not gona go in a straight line to 90..remember that
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Mr S, is all your money in SBKDBZ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This notion of only making a loss once you have sold is false. You are 25% down. Now. And it is real. Now.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Nah not all of it, the majority of the bucks is in my long term portfolio, this is my short term trading one. Do u hold some of these? if the market continues to rise ima trade AGLSBF warrants, been watching them closely for some time now, jus waiting for the right entry, if there is such a thing...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Mr S there would be no way of telling where support is by using the charting software on site. I just had a look at the matrix on the warrant you have and trace it back the charts of the 4 hour SBK and you went short on support. Now you tell if you would have done this if you new you where on support ??
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
I would never had taken that position at all! May i ask what other platform you use to analyse support and resistance? and how much they charge? My damn OST charts arnt working anyway!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
prorealtime.com ... This is the latest version, have a look at the Video Tutorials on the site ... i use the version before this ... R70.00 p/m for JSE equities
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Thanks, im sure this would help me alot, i jus dont understand why OST doesnt have these features, i wouldnt mind paying the extra to have them...Simon, mayb yal can think about it?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
MR S, are you still holding your SBK short position or have you exited? Looking better for you this morning.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
lol im still holding! got my fingers crossed for further decline!
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Are you at break even at this point or still losing?
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
The warrant hasnt moved hey! so damn frustrating, i need 1 move up then ill see out, dont u wanna drive the price higher :-)?
0 Kudos