Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SOL

Brazen
Super Contributor
SOLs now meeting resistance at 353. I will be buying it shortly at 225. Thank you for listening.
0 Kudos
53 REPLIES 53
Brazen
Super Contributor
Of course I meant 253 - tho I'm sure there'll be resistance at 353 one day.
0 Kudos
P_K
Contributor
think it time...
0 Kudos
P_K
Contributor
:) think it's SOL time...
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
253 ?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
yes, i am holding happily. i hope it goes to 353 soon, that would be wonderful! - ha ha
0 Kudos
Asher
Regular Contributor
22500? Could it fall all that way back? (stupid question, of course it could...but) How long do you figure it would take to get back to that level?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Asher, it's just SOLs trading range for the past 6 months. Resistance at 263, but now at about 255, and support in the mid to late 220s. It's been bouncing between those two levels like clockwork. The best time to buy would be after a couple of closes above 263 and a riskier play would be to buy in the late 220s with a stop at 220. I like the second option cos I'm a cheapskate and would rather pay 225 than 265. The smart money would be buying at 265 cos once SOL breaks resistance there could be plenty of upside. Since this time last year most of the other bluechip heavyweights have gone up by 30 - 40%. SOLs been flat and I'm hoping when it breaks it'll play chatchup - and do it very quickly. Usual caveats.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
As to how long? Don't have a fu*king clue.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
just sitting on my hands... waiting for indicators to turn... looking to the bottom of the page at the 220's and agreeing with Brazen...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If I look at the last 2 weeks EOD prices for sol, I think I see a head and shoulders pattern...?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
does look like... but what is it reversing ?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Good spot Mammon. A bad close today, and we may just see the late 220s sooner rather than later.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
If it does sell: those smelly goldfields shares and buy Sol shares at least you know that way you will be sure to make money.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Oh! and get a Dividend or 2 along the way.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
R100m trade just gone thru.....WTF???
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Hiya Y-baby - interesting, you think that's pressure on the sell side or what?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
GFI shares for long term portfolio - no more trading of gold shares.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
My point exactly,
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
LOL! You never know john-boy, we may have the dawning of the Zarpian era and you'll be working in my garden for a can of baked beans - paid for with my GFI dividends. Of course I'll be sitting on the deck throwing down scraps of foie gras . . .
0 Kudos