Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SSF prices

Not applicable
Mine's not updated yet, & no msgs from OST.
Anybody else having problems?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
No update at all and the figures are all wrong. If you deal in SSF check your figures very carefully every day. Today I have an error in cast of R 85000 on my cash account!!!!! I am sending a fax with printouts and proof tomorrow morning. Last week a variation margin was changed by R 20000 (R 35000 instead of R 55000 ) in the mornings without any warning or entry on the cash account. My investigation revealed that an error was made the previous week in my favour which I did not pick up. Trading today was virtually impossible from 16.15 pm and the consultant I spoke to was not aware of any problem. On insisting she found out that there was indeed a major problem with connectivity (last week as well!). The JSE is blamed for all this but SFM is their agent and should take the responsibility. I am totally fed up and shopping around to move to greener pastures. The figures reflected on my portfolio are simply ridiculous and I waited in vain for an update which did not come! All accounting principles are ignored as figures are changed without an accounting entry and SFM finds it difficult to go back in time as there are no records. How is this possible from a bank. I will now send an official complaint to STANDARD BANK and then most probably later to the ombudsman and/or FSB.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
By the way to all doubters. I am prepared to fax you the proof of the R 85000 error if you post your fax number on this thread.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have just noticed that all entries for 09.07 on my cash account have disappeared but the erroneous balance has remained in place. How ridiculous can it get ???? Standard Bank a bank to be trusted????????????
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Correction!!! The difference in cash is R 64000 and not R 85000. Still substantial!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
From 17:00 to about 19:30 the profit /loss figure shown is inaccurate as it still uses the current bid price to value the portoflio.
We normally receive our MTM (official closing prices) by about 19:30 at which point the system updates and the actual profit/loss figure is shown.
Last night (9 July) our import from the JSE failed and thus we did not show the latest MTM prices, and thus the portfolios were still valued at the bid prices of the 9th July. This was corrected at 07:15 today (10 July).
Please review your portfolios again to confirm the actual profit/loss for the 9th July. We have investiagted and found the cause of this error.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The figures are still wrong in the cash account. There is still money missing and also all the entries for yesterday. I cannot understand that a bank cannot give us correct figures and asks us to check. How can you if there are no entries for the day to be checked.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It's Alive! It's Alive! Good to know yer still breathin, old guy. Why don't you post more often, specially about ssfs?
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
He's bin too busy searching for that Vlaamsche Patisserie in Ermelo.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I did not know there was one. Ermelo is not often on my route. But next time!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, it's cold, bleak, charmless and the people talk funny - a bit like Belgium (the French bits of course!).
0 Kudos