Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sasol

Jemaiks
Frequent Contributor
Good morning! Can anyone please explain to me why my SSF for Sasol looses money before the market even opened. There is movement in the account before the market even opens. I dont understand this, could someone please share some light as to what happens. Thanking you in advance!
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ex div.
0 Kudos
Jemaiks
Frequent Contributor
But if its ex dividend then the price should fall with the price of the dividend right? I am short on SSF for Sasol, but it seems like the price went up. Should the price not come down?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nope, div is worked out of the price and should have mo effect of the SSF price.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Sasol has declared a dividend of 9.35. Where does it says it goes ex.div?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
on the dividend page. It says 03/10/2008 was LDT, hence ex-div is next trading day = 06/10/2008.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
SSF price bought / sold today is adjusted with new anticipated 12 month div i.e. if new anticipated div is R10-00 and SOL share price falls R16-00 today your SOL short SSF will only "earn" you R6-00 as you as holder of SSF not to "share" in div
0 Kudos