Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Server security certificate expired?????

Not applicable
Please investigate your servicer security status - I am being notified that scmb.co.za's verisign security expired with effect from 30/07/2008!!!!!
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
many thanks for prompt response
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you think they would tell you....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
actually chartist me an you have been down this old road before on this exact issue. We long ago stopped using the domain and have told clients many many times.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I agree. I didnt get any notice on this!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon....I am using the same bookmark I used this morning ....how come this certificate expiry comes up?...I am not the only one....I assure u I have changed nothing this side....I am afraid this is EXACTLY whats from with SFM 's attitude...the customer is always wrong....no lets not investigate...lets just assume the customer is wrong
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yep had the same problem this morning use the same bookmark i always use and was told there was a certificate isssue.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
what url ahve you bookmarked? the scmb.co.za was expired months ago and clients were informed 3 times during 2007 and once earlier this year.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon...I repeat I am using the same book mark I used this morning...it doesnt matter what the URL is the fact is you changed something your side...https://securities.standardbank.co.za/ost/...just put yourself in your customers shoes for once...
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Hi Simonn id have to check it was on my works PC but no train smash i just used the standardbank website.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
actually chartist I did investigate. Before my initial reply this morning I spoke to IT and they checked and verified my response. The fact that you are also having a problem will be inestiagted, BUT your initial comment on this thread mentioned nothing about you having a problem. Rather a snide comment which was what I responded to. Reading minds is not in my job discription.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No Simon...you attitude..."we have told clients many times before"...subtext....clients don't listen....had you taken some time to think about this...more than one person experiencing the same problem at the same time...what could have happned... they all suddenly decided to change their bookmarks?..come on Simon...lets cut through the defensive SFM corporate kuk...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No Simon...your attitude..."we have told clients many times before"...subtext....clients don't listen....had you taken some time to think about this...more than one person experiencing the same problem at the same time...what could have happned... they all suddenly decided to change their bookmarks?..come on Simon...lets cut through the defensive SFM corporate kuk...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Simon , Please ask your IT chappies to explain why I am receiving a server expired certificate - notification when I access news services and click on SA top 10 news as an example. I can clearly see all the details of the expired certificate and find this strange given I am already operating within the Online application. My bookmarks on Mozilla are the same and this does not seem to be a problem when assessing the Online trading plateform. Thks
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
have sent to IT, definately most odd.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Bwhahahhahaa! I'd really like to accept that bottle of wine Si, but it would be churlish when your needs are so much greater than mine. . . .
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hey I hadn't decided to send it yet, but thanks anyways - more drink is nevr enough ...
0 Kudos