Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Share Price Movement of MTN unexplainable?

ZPrinsloo
Occasional Contributor
Hi, I'm 22 and I've only started to invest this year and still have many things to learn to become a successful invester. I've invested in MTN as my first company as I feel it will become much larger in the years to come. What baffles me though is its share price movements and I would like someone to explain this to me: Whenever the overall market seems to rise, MTN either stagnates or falls and when the overall market falls, MTN seems to also stagnate or rise. Why is it so?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
striker
Super Contributor
MTN is a strange animal - almost everyone loves it, and the experts always tip it.I held some for a long time,but got frustrated at it's laziness.it's a love,hate kinda share.I feel it's long term prospects are great,but it's dividends must improve,to justify it's upward price movement. OMO.
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
It is an growth stock so thats why its dividend yield not that great as MTN would rather internally invest than pay out dividends to shareholders
0 Kudos
Not applicable
MTN = most liked share on the JSE, where as Sappi is the most disliked share :) MTN has been good to me over the years:)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
MTN is a good share esp for the long term, it's one of those companies that offer a steady growth. So if you not investing on emotions then you should not worry that much about your investment on them. Otherwise have a stop loss in place. Anyone know when they gonna do their BBBEE deal, since it was pt on hold last time?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
MTN is a good share esp for the long term, it's one of those companies that offer a steady growth. So if you not investing on emotions then you should not worry that much about your investment on them. Otherwise have a stop loss in place. Anyone know when they gonna do their BBBEE deal, since it was pt on hold last time?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
lekker om te sien daars nog jong mense wat trade.
0 Kudos