Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Share Price

Not applicable
This ones share price still baffles me. they have an NAV of over 200 and a PE of under 5. i understand that they having a problem with their buffels mine. but still why such a low share price?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Same here. I believe they have very good assets and it is trading at a massive discount. Perhaps one of those where all the bad news in the SA resources market still needs to filter out, restore investor confidence especially where it concerns junior miners and then take it's normal course of action.
0 Kudos
Chopchop
Contributor
Me too. I have held the share for about 6 months, just keeps dropping. I think if they start paying out a regular decent dividend it might pick up. And do something about Buffels.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Anybody who has ever been a shareholder of Simmers will know not to have any faith in either of those two mines.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it's a gold mine, what does one expect ??
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Pan Af seems like a better option than Vil at the moment. What I don't like @ Village is the huge board of directors. It just seems that the company is milked for what it's worth until the sun finally sets for this miner.
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
Adding to that is that Lesego has a NPV of R6.7bn. Village made a cautionary announcement on 16 Nov to issue bonds which is also for a possible acquisition. I hope fiture deals will be better than the Blyvoor deal. I have been in this share now for almost 3 years and grinding my teeth.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Vil imo only has 2 real assets. Tau and the future platinum prospect. Bernards plan is to buy cheap old diggings, bring them to book asap and flog them at a profit in an endeavour to raise enough cash to build a platinum mine. MWS worked well but, buffels, blyvoor & cons murch not so well and like blyvoor, may all become bothersome. Hell of a way to raise cash. Probably be better just to keep Tau and go to market, hence imo the low share price. Better to jump into PGL, at least they are gathering steam in a more holistic fashion.
0 Kudos