Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simon, what happens with un-fulfilled trades?

genie2b
Frequent Contributor
I know you explained this one a while back, but I cannot find the specific post currently. I put in a trade earlier today but only a certain amount of shares was bought. What will happen with the outstanding amount of shares? I know you mentioned that by close of auction they will try to match shares up to the closest 100 or something like that, it was not the case with this trade...will they try to match it with opening even if I specified the trade is only valid for one day?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
a couple of options. If the full required number is not matched (and the order was good for day), then the remaining are cancelled at the close. If good for month they are left on market until the expiry date.

However if it is a small amount left over and a change is buy price would be cheaper then a new trade cost (buying/sellign the next day), we will contact yourself after 4pm and ask if we can adjust the price to trade.

The 100 issue was around futures.
0 Kudos