Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

South African Act summaries and overviews

Blik
Super Contributor
Does anyone know a local website or location for summaries, in plain English, of South African Acts. I am specifically looking for explanation on the Upgrading of Land Tenure Rights Act 112 of 1991, the Physical Planning Act 125 of 1991, the National Archives of South Africa Act 43 of 1996, the statistics Act 6 of 1999, the South African Geographical Names Council Act 188 of 1998 and the Consitution of South Africa. I have all the raw acts already. Just looking for plain English overviews, explanations and summaries. Any help would be much appreciated.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
As far as I know they only do the full versions. I'll have a deeper look though.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The pre-amble will give you an overview of contents but for proper explinations etc an attorneys studies to demystify it so your only bet would be an attorney to help.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
As far as I'm aware, there aren't any. I was thinking of doing it - then I got busy. You can try the IOD. There other guys too in Governance and Compliance - can't remember their names though. Will check for you tonight.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
I have found a few others if you google them - but then you have to rely on the authors interpretation of the Act. It would certainly be of use I would imagine.
0 Kudos