Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Started accumulating about a month ago.

barry_1
Super Contributor
I'll add further reasons later,why i think this is in my opinion only a good buy.Just to say now this is perhaps the last time that we ordinary shareholders might get the chance of buying...Remember REMGRO tried to take them out ,when they showed weakness due to the drought,so as to have the profits all to themselves.Luckily for us this was opposed by PIC and i think Allan Gray,How ever now there are rumours that REM are aquiring shahes onthe open market,now hold somewhere aroung 74% ,as they are used to getting their own way.Great replacement for ARL after the LDT date.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
barry_1
Super Contributor
Notice they did not fall on either Thursday or Friday last week.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Good rains over the maize growing regions of the country augur well for an above average harvest and therefore lower maize prices which is the major input cost in broiler production. All the poultry counters have outperformed the market during recent times. Smaller producer, SOV is still the cheapest entry on a forward PE of 6.2x at 2000 cps with the best earnings growth profile over the medium-term, underpinned by an aggressive capacity expansion programme which aims to double production over the next 3 years - all internally funded.
0 Kudos