Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

THE MOST FEARED FACTOR OF TRADING ????

Not applicable
Missing out. Sitting on me ass while everybody else is long gold..
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Being heavily short and target subject to buyout
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
For me, Theater cat hit the nail on the head there. Being short a share when a buyout offer comes in at a 30% premium or so. Lonmin was trending short and looked like a good trade back in Aug '08. No stop loss would have saved you the next day, 6 Aug. I was so nearly short on that occasion, took profits on the 4th. That was too close for comfort.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Theater Cat, has this actually happened to you?
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Luckily, no. But when the whole world was shorting Volkswagen overseas and Porsche bought them out and the price soared hundreds of percent, the reality/danger was really brought home!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
When things are not going good and you have this feeling of wanting to evacuate your bowels every few minutes....lol
0 Kudos
ws
Frequent Contributor
Taking a loss! I just cant do it? I have been following the forum for a few months now and I know it is part of the game (stick to the plan, stop losses, get out and carry on etc etc),but hell its hard! Currently short BIL, what to do?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
only one thing you should fear - lack of discipline ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yip ! Must say like that one !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Why is there so much talk of many people being short this week? Did i miss something? Not that I mind seeing as been long this week and loving it
0 Kudos
NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos