Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TOUCH DOWN

asylum
Super Contributor
Hi Skippy whats your take on Kumba technically that is. Seeing that your a technical analyst would appreciate your comments. ta
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Skippo, this share should be at 300, i agree its a far larger picture to wonder why it isnt,imo.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Kumba-IO: broke through very solid support without giving an upward reversal there for buying. This is one of the long-time market leaders and it was unable to hold above support. Minimum downside target now is 195. And it is to be shorted on bounces, to there. R237 is a good level to short after a bounce. Otherwise short at current levels as long as you're prepared to hold through any bounce that occurs.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
thank you skippy i shorted at 232.00 and had a downside target of around 180.00 bucks but maybe overkill.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Downside target is R155.00 and needs to break through R212.00 to get going!!!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Skippy,if you are going to quote Colin Abrams you should give him credit for it,otherwise it is just plagiarism.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sorry Russ, but all I did was use his summary. Doesn't matter where I get my info, it's still my opinion that counts. Just so you know, I'm good friends with Colin, i don't think he minds...
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Mate, 210 to 220 to get going i agree, the 7th isnt far off, looking forward to the big news, stay focused, just wonder if it will break in our London/jse market time or Sydneys.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I'm just saying this because he has a large paragraph regarding copyright in every newsletter.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
BHP BILLITON'S all-share takeover proposal for Rio Tinto is still "two ballparks away from fair value," Rio's Chief Executive Tom Albanese said today. "I am as comfortable saying that the three-for-one does not represent value for Rio now as I was back in November," he told reporters. Rio spurned an all-share takeover bid last November from rival BHP, saying the offer significantly undervalued the group and its growth prospects. BHP must make a formal offer by February 6 or leave Rio alone for six months under a deadline imposed by Britain's takeover panel. (Reuters News, Jan 25)
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Touch Down has been the theme of this thread for a short while, but i notice for the first time that the Aussie market is down say 2% but BHP tOUCHED UP 1%.INTERESTING, any conclusions welcome.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yes bhp signed contract with china to supply an extra 96 m tons of iron ore.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Skipo, found a cool chart for Bil, i also found where your coming from on the 150 marker, ie circa retracement back to late 2004 levels, two other levels of support are at 180 and 205.,imo
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
Heck, just want to be part of this long post.

PD Hope you finish this on schedule and within budget before "They Kill Bill"
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Volume mate, thats whats needed here,imo.Still cant see it retracing to 2004 levels ie 150ish
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
up down etc like a rodeo/kangaroo this morning, yee ha, enjoy the ride.lol
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Nicely does it Bil, up 5% in Sydney, news should be out today from London, all other related releases came out of London, so we should get the play on that one, provided we`re still open. All indicators are for a Bil max of 3.5 to 1 on the back of amazing recent releases re iron prices, shipping issues, record results etc. Marius KLOPPERS, now give them a klop.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
come on i want 100 posts on this thread, so i look better than David Beckhams 99,lol
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
MADEA WHOOPING R22000 on BIL. ENJOYING HONEYMOON...WHATZUP GUYS PD?LN are you riding the waves on Bil.. Chat later..sorry about the caps
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Presto,keep your head down there mate,lol We are good large mate, looks like the pricing in of the announcement which i feel is coming later the avo is forming.imho
0 Kudos