Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Telkom/MTN

Not applicable
After the SENS this morning relating to the deal you can expect the Telkom price to take a hammering, did you notice how both the MTN and Telkom prices were affected yesterday already?
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
Preston
Super Contributor
The competition board must start to issue massive fines for cautionary announcement that materially affect share price and in the end result in non productive cr@p.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i agree but all the markets are hype???@
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Spare a thought for me.I hate to reveal this in public but I sold all my TKGSBZ yesterday.Has anyone here done anything this stupid this year? I just want to know that I'm not the only idiot around,even if I'm the biggest one.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
wow. telkom falling like a rock and wouldn't you guess the warrant issuers refuse to come to the party!!!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
You're not the biggest. We sold 8 long AGL contracts just before it went racing up to 510. If I'd held them all the way, woulda banked 80K.
0 Kudos
trykid
Contributor
Any opinions on what TKG share price might do today after the SENS
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Held on to AMS when i had a chance to employ that money in other productive shares. Eventually took a R10 000 loss.(+/- 10000)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
preston i feel you down 15k on ams waiting for a turn as it has reached long term support
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
LN. Did you try to average down on AMS? Sell at a high price and buy at the dip. Could help the overall cost.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Thanks guys.Don't think I need trauma counselling but support from the forum will help me through this difficult time.Only thrown away 30k, Brazen.You must have felt more than twice as bad as me!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
BEEN DOING THAT that is why it is only down 15k otherwise looking at 27k- if i had not ????
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I guess MTN will continue with its upward movement. COnsideration is given to the fact there is no massive cash outflow from proposed acquisition of Vodacom.
0 Kudos
trykid
Contributor
Is there a possibility that MTN will get to a high of 130 today or will it hover around current levels?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Not sure , Possibly work on 4% to 5.5%
0 Kudos
trykid
Contributor
Thanks I thought of a possibility of about 10% since it has tested this level but not really break through
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Look at the ALL share index it is about 1% (0.9%) in the red,yet MTN is 5% up. If the market was not plagued with so much of uncertainty, MTN could have easily breached the R130 mark.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i just got out yesterday with a small profit - could kick myself
0 Kudos
Not applicable
look back to 3Sep when ann was made The share took off the 2 trading days b/4 I think it must be nice knowing people in high places in majot companies,but that doesnt realy happen does it(meaning insider trading)
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Kim ,you want a bit off inside info "David is going to bid for Goliath" Check my posting on this topic.
0 Kudos