Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The correction for Resources!?!?

m9o
Contributor
its about time we had a pull back in commodities and mining companies don't your'll think so?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable
Long Implats futures, there's upside with plat prices(power shortages) and its technically sitting on support at 347 thats holding, with upside to 368 and possibly breaking through. Short Exxaro futures, downside because, oil prices too drop slightly in short term, and run up really hard since breaking resistance at 135, overbought, must pullback before surging again. long/short in equal amnts, so as long as I am right in one trade, slightly more than I am wrong in the other, I should make money! both commodity stocks so should hedge each other with regard to fx changes, intrest rate changes etc. my two cents worth. look at Standard bank intra-day tech report on Ango. Panning out, could work.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
only if gearing is similar and if each respective investment kicks back the same percentage of investment when the share goes up or down....eg. if both shares are up 3% and u initially invested 100k in contracts per share, the gearing must be similar to show a similar profit....say 15k
0 Kudos
m9o
Contributor
for bernard Look at the chart of implats, it's formed a double top and has now broke down through it, the next support is R338
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Right on, and next support lines at 315 and 305. But beware of the 337 support line, it is ascending, forming an ascending triangle. Pries tend to break up from ascending triangles.
0 Kudos