Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

This has become a joke!

DCTrader
Super Contributor
Again, the trading system is down! This morning I lost a good couple of rands because I couldn't close out positions. A few hours later, OST conveniently closed them out for me when they managed to find the time... by that stage the shares had dropped a further 3%. I now tried to trade a SSF and no luck. The share has already moved up. And don't say the call centre is an option...
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Not applicable
You will not get reply
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Add to that the fact that live prices on the site aren't matching Price Streamer... it seems this platform hasn't been stress tested to allow for more than a 2% swing in the markets.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
can't get live prices either eg. har and gfi.irritating.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
see announcement on home page.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
DCT, same thing happened to me but worse. I canceled an order, then placed a 2nd one and canceled it, and finally placed my 3rd order that went through. 10 min later I get an sms informing me that my first 2 orders(That I canceled) went through!!!! You dont even want to know how p***sed of I am. SFM has basically caused me a loss due to their system.
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Over the last few years I had several times a problem like this. EVERYTIME SFM has compensated me for my proven losses. This is one area where I cannot fault them and they have always behaved like real gentlemen. This includes yesterday!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Must say that is true - Standard Bank will never walk away from a problem
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Looks like the system's down again. No prices have moved.Hope the gentlemen can fix it soon.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Why does the home page show "the market is open" at 9:13 am and the live quotes reflect the market as closed at the same time (other platforms show it is open at the same time !!!)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
15 minute delayed prices
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nice, so we still get charged for a live price quote while getting 15 min delayed prices...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Who cares about the late start? No load-shedding today. He he, we've got power!For now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I just checked my homepage and I can't get any prices, live or delayed. so ignore last post...
0 Kudos
buddy
New Contributor
this load shedding is a joke!
0 Kudos