Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Thyme to short

Investj
Occasional Contributor
This makit is going to Plungee !!
0 Kudos
53 REPLIES 53
Not applicable
Your reasoning being?
0 Kudos
Investj
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sorry we need more details .. like the time (to nearest minie will do) .. and how much will it plunge (nearest whole point will do) ??
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
NPN hits historical high:BUY.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
oh ok another clever thread started , well all go short on that kind of reasoning, the mind boggles how some people trade, invest.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Don't despair...he won't be here for long. Please keep us in the loop for entertainment value. Some short warrants perhaps?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
with out a doubt, a bucket load of puts being eaten by time decay as the market goes nowhere ..
0 Kudos
Investj
Occasional Contributor
Fortune is like the market, where, many times, if you can stay a little, the price will fall. Francis Bacon
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ah yes, lunch time .. bacon and cheese on brown bread, not toasted .. excellent idea ..
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Simon,are you following your gut instinct again?.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I thought thyme was a herb, might go well with that bacon and cheese non toasted ;-)
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Ah guys - the boredom is killing. Its literally eating away at every cell of my existence! Even if I suddenly get rediculously poor at a horiffic rate - will be better than this!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Same could be said for calls, time decay in a sideways market is just as bad
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
thats the reason i only trade ssf no time decay, ok there is a small charge for the roll over, but they never end up worthless.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an cost of carry .. an if you top up margin, if can effetivley be worthless .. but larger point is, if you trading ever leaves you with worthless product or topping up margin, then best bet is to quit trading ..
0 Kudos
Investj
Occasional Contributor
CFD's is better in my opinion i've turned a bit agnostic on the Greeks although i could do with some Alpha and Beta here
0 Kudos
Investj
Occasional Contributor
Boy you bulls are a mite touchy today !
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Well - call it then - your short is in - where's it stopping!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Omega 3 & 6 also good for you.
0 Kudos