Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Time to short the market?

Ninja
Super Contributor
Wall street testing critical support at 10270 (triple bottom on the 5 min week timeframe)....if we go through here could see a serious fall. If you have access to live charts have a look at the 5 min going back a week.....classic reversal off triple bottom....now will it go through....if you trade intra day this is a great point to be trading.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
and there she goes......
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
At support 23,890! What now?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
And now we wait - more down, more shorts, Reversal - go long.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Where is the new pricing tool going to be active on the website. Simon please advise........
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ooooh noo, we were 26670 before auction, some people in the know pushed it up to above 26730 on the head, as i said, 26730 is support, yet we can still break it tomorrow and go to 25793 on the alshare. KIO played out well but i got a good feeling theres still more to go, AMS is tricky. AGL has to hold R272-46. tomorrows close will be the decider.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ooooh noo, we were 26670 before auction, some people in the know pushed it up to above 26730 on the head, as i said, 26730 is support, yet we can still break it tomorrow and go to 25793 on the alshare. KIO played out well but i got a good feeling theres still more to go, AMS is tricky. AGL has to hold R272-46. tomorrows close will be the decider.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
This market is swinging, Up almost 1% this morning now slightly down. Where are we heading to?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Its such a dicey level. Can go either way, but I'm still in favor of down.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
And the winner is.....skaaptjop!For punting kio and exx.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
On the weeklies, today makes a perfect reversal candle if we close around here.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
The bears are hiding today. Am I out here alone?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Not at all. Exited my shorts for now - and watching.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Not at all....exited my NPN short this morning.....just goes to prove the market can remain irrational longer than you can stay solvent. NPN should have tanked with the markets last week technically but hey ho, thats trading and thats why we have stops. IMO KIO has hit a huge double top and given a reversal day off that....might be worth watching.
0 Kudos