Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Topi running streak...

DEP
Super Contributor
Topi running streak... Top 40 index futures has had 18 up days and 6 down days in the current running streak since the 24/7/2012 - and has climbed from 29527 (24/7/2012) to 31600 (28/07/2012). Question is how how far are the bulls going to run until they run out of steam? Or will Ben give them more steroids this coming week... The bears are still alive!
0 Kudos
62 REPLIES 62
Not applicable
ja quite pathetic if u think about it in 18 days all they have done is 2000 points....no wonder some that try and trade the long side on a daily basis are complaining...I have always said that the points will be given up in less than half the time it took to put them on...look where the impulsive moves come from..and you will have the clue as to which is the right side to trade for good day trades....100 grinding excrusciating points or a 400 point elevator to the bottom?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Don't fight....and more important don't fight the market...if you want to play, go to the playground, leave the market to the adults....oh , DEP, I see your point about the 2000 points....was that long or short?.....eh eh
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Ok, the 2000 point was not DEP
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ah Rams I can see u know absolutely nothing when it comes to being a good trader...ironically studies show that children are far better traders than adults...they have open minds...no preconceived ideas or expectations....and they are highly responsive to a changing environment..when they lose they bail...we could all be more childlike when it comes to trading...unfortunatley you are just childish....and once again I can see you are a victim of the non trading world conventional wisdom...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
But once again I thank you ...you are a seemingly infinite fountain of ideas for when I sit down to do my daily videos....I think todays title will be "BE CHILDLIKE NOT CHILDISH"
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Include the count....no Adam , eve, nonsense...just show the 2000 points in the opposite direction, then you can show stuff you dont understand ....
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Well, Rams its possible to make money shorting even in the past month when topi climbed +/- 2000 points.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
dem bears may well be alive, but not well feed right now ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yeah no worries we got the long call sorted from 29200 long long ago...but now 29400 is the target...so lets not get the two mixed up shall we?....those remedial classes in counting not helping yet?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
bears unlike bulls who have to graze on little morsels constantly with their head hovering just above the ground...feed infequently but when they do they eat enough for several days even weeks...gives them time to do other inetersting exciting things....
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
No, becos , I am trying to count short, but it seems I am counting long. anyway, I see todays business report has Colin Abrahams, count to 37000 on the JSE All share ....and advises the public to buy the pullbacks...it's just his view and when he calls wrong, he just says so and moves on...Now what's your view again about the ALSI
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Yeah,,, sure bears are starving a bit - but still alive. Shorts showing some light green since the 24/07/2012
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ive told you my view is to 29400...before we see any significant upside again...what part of that do you not get?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
mark, what negates your count to 29400 ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yeah interesting u mention abrahams...(who i respect) he said that mid 2008 as well
0 Kudos
Not applicable
good question....a failure to reach it? taking out previous highs would cause a serious relook...but it is common for markets to take out previous highs by say 5% and fall back severely....the dow and S&P putting in new highs would cause a relook.... but so far no reason whatsoever to change outlook...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
come on .. so he got it wrong .. an so what ?? it is straw man argument ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
all time ALSI high ?? thought we hit it last week ?? or maybe a few points shy ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
that doent mean will will not be going long when the opportunity presents itself in the interim...but longer term the outlook is 29400. My longer term portfolio is fully hedged by short futures positons untill we get there.
0 Kudos