Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

UNBELIEVABLE!

barry_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
jannie2
Contributor
what is going on with JBL BERRY - where does one take profit ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Shocked me too!
0 Kudos
pb15
Not applicable
This share may wobble in the short term as it has run hard but on a medium term valuation I think it will have a market capitalisation of about R3bn +. So that's around R30 a share. Check out the SENS announcement and crunch some numbers
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Well, held my shares, bought more and now on very good profit. Same goes for SNU. Lekker Barry!!
0 Kudos
og
Frequent Contributor
Almost lost my patience a few time with this (in fact sold a few at considerable loss) now onto double digits so that I can make some real profits!!!WEZ too!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Fantastic day,i.e.if u traded small cap and medium cap resource shares only!....of course then u miss out on the dreary traders that are constantly trying to talk the market down to make a few cents off PUT warrants.When the market is tanking now i just withdraw and wait for the next upturn as there seems to be little chance of making any profit at this stage.The whole market is likely to take a breather sometime and then turn down,then and only then will i trade puts again!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Barry, well said. I agree there is going to be a breather the a down turn. Just stocking up on the puts while they are cheep so the profits are that much easier to enjoy. I have learnt in a very short time 'Simon says trade the price' so I trade the price ;-) Must keep an ear out for influences on the price but still the "Simon says" system seems to be profitable so far... Maybe I can start adding "Barry advises" and a few other learned traders to my adapting system.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja, if Barry's scenario plays out, then a channel breakout strategy should prove successful. So me, i am holding out on shorting until a break on the 20 day channel.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
and away we go!!!!!!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Just to update my post under CZA called 'Observations and Stratergies 1,2 and 3" of the 1/June/2009 which is good to read first to give continuity and my reasons.....UPDATE:The sectors that are running most now are COAL and PLATINUM on the Smaller Caps scene.The majority of these shares are in the ramp up phase so are not negatively effected by by small changes in product prices. TOP TWO in COAL are now starting from beginning March CZA + 129% and SNU +125% ans PLATINUM from 1/Jun/2009 JBL +174% and WEZ +82% and EPS + 31%....I hold all five at the moment.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
good trading Barry !
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
and TSX is just warming up....while PAN should also soon join the fray....
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I was feeling particularly dreary today, but mostly because there was no coffee! All is good now. I truly don't think any of us expect to affect the market by talking the Std Bank forum okes down ;)
0 Kudos
Nog__n_Boertjie
New Contributor
Agree but why only 3bn? Why not like Notham, ultimatley Imp?
0 Kudos