Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Watch out...consumer confidence

Not applicable
US Consumer confidence numbers out in about half an hour...this is a market moving event...123 and up (or down) we go....if we retest the recent lows and close below we will see weakness for some time going forward
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Pam_1
Regular Contributor
Chartist, Simon, please put the news out as a new topic as soon as the news break.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The Conference Board's confidence index decreased to 87.3, the lowest since the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in October 2005, from a revised 95.2 the prior month, the New York-based group said today. The index averaged 105.9 last year Consumer confidence was forecast to drop to 91, from an originally reported reading of 95.6 for October, according to the median estimate in a Bloomberg News survey of 67 economists. Projections ranged from 88 to 96.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Interestingly enough, the numbers came out lower than expected and the US markets still seem to like them. Or it could just be the inevitable rally after I went short with all I have near the close this afternoon. A couple of the US commentators still seem to think this is just a temporary reprieve. Man, I'm hoping they're right.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja wardog....the worse the number the greater likely hood of a rate cut...sit as simple as that...thats what the market wants desperately and anything that makes it more likely is positive...you cant anticipate te markets reaction you can only react to it....and the first reaction is not always the right one...we saw a bit of a rally then a sell off then a rally....there is no rationale...only the 123 ....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
aplogies for the typos ...too much Springfield Cabernet
0 Kudos
Pam_1
Regular Contributor
Any cabernet is good cabernet. Chartist please explain the 123 issue to us newbies.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos